Spend this summer at Camp Chippewa in a dynamic and rewarding community making a difference in the lives of children. We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking staff to work in a variety of areas including:
Our staff come from all walks of life with a shared passion for Christ and helping everyone who comes through the gates have a safe, fun, and meaningful experience at our ACA Accredited camp.
- Our Core Counselors who lead activities and stay in the cabin with the campers are future, current, or post-grad college students from colleges and universities in Kansas and surrounding areas
- All Chippewa staff and volunteers are Safe Gatherings certified which includes a criminal background check. More information about Safe Gatherings can be found here.
- Our horse program is led by CHA certified staff members. All activities are led by certified staff who have gone through extensive training in each area.
- All staff also go through an extensive, purposeful, and intentional Staff Training prior to camp.
- All staff are also CPR/First Aid & AED certified
- We offer a camp-competitive salary and room and board
- Male Counselors
- Female Counselors
- Assistant Wrangler
- Head Cook-Morning
- Head Cook-Afternoon
- Assistant Cook-Morning
- Assistant Cook-Afternoon
- Activity Leader
- Site Improvement
- Activity Specialist/Assistant Program Coordinator
- Camp Intern
- Waterfront Coordinator
- Outdoor Education
Volunteers provide leadership, friendship, and support to campers. Room and board are provided during the week(s) volunteered. Please download, print, complete and return the Volunteer Application and Health Form to Camp Chippewa. Forms and address are located at the bottom of the page. Volunteers serve in a variety of capacities, including:
Spiritual Life Directors
Spiritual Directors are typically pastors. During each week of camp, a Spiritual Director helps plan and lead daily chapel sessions, work with the volunteers who are Spiritual Leaders to ensure a consistent message is being given to all campers, and provide spiritual guidance to campers, staff, and volunteers throughout the week. Spiritual Directors receive private sleeping accommodations and are invited to bring their spouses and children along.
Summer Camp Volunteers
Summer Camp Volunteers are assigned a camp to which they bring an expertise or passion (i.e. astronomy, nature, photography, etc.) or a Faith & Fun camp! They work with the counselors to help our campers while they are at camp and participate fully in the daily schedule.
Camp Volunteers must be 18+ (or a CIT grad), Safe Gatherings certified, and willing to share a cabin with campers.
Site Improvement Volunteers
Hard working volunteers help make our 660 acres beautiful and safe for all of our campers, guests, and animals. Work projects can include; painting, firewood cutting and cleanup, fence building, roadwork, tree work, and more!
Contact our office if you or your group is interested in volunteering at Chippewa!
(785) 242-6797 or firstname.lastname@example.org